Volunteers Make a Difference at The Family Support Center!
Interested in volunteering?
Subscribe to our mailing list to hear about opportunities!
We strongly believe that every person has a skill or talent that can be utilized in one of our programs or services. We have entry-level volunteer projects that you can complete on your own time in your own home; we have hands-on opportunities in our crisis nurseries; and everything in between. All opportunities help in furthering the mission of the Family Support Center: protecting children, strengthening families, and preventing child abuse.
Upcoming New Volunteer Pre-Service Training:
- DATE TBA, 6:00-8:00PM at the Taylorsville Office
Please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at 801-955-9110 x104 or email@example.com.
You can make a difference in a child's life. Here is how you can help:
- Play with and care for children ages 0-11 years in our Crisis Nursery.
- Provide child care for children whose parents are attending parenting and/or life focus classes for one or two hours per week.
- Assist with outreach by helping at community resource fairs, handing out flyers and answering people's questions about our agency.
- Support the office staff with sorting files, answering phones, and preparing class packets.
- Help us with yard work and other household maintenance items that will enhance the stay of the children in the Crisis Nursery.
- Take a copy of our "wish list" and conduct a drive for items on the list (for example: diapers, wipes, formula, paper products).
- Help with celebratory events for children and families such as putting together eggs for the annual egg hunt or helping with other holiday events.
The minimum age for a volunteer at the Family Support Center is 14, however, a volunteer must be at least 18 to work directly with children in the Crisis Nurseries. We work with:
- High school and college students (age 18 and older) fulfilling volunteer credits or service learning objectives (20 hour minimum)
- Scouting groups and Scouts working on Eagle projects
- Church and civic groups
- Other groups